Saturday, August 6, 2011

Storing Learning and File Folder Games

A few years ago I started looking for a storage solution for the file folder games that we were collecting. We started adding duct tape to the spine of the folder and punching holes in it to be placed inside of a three ring binder. This became a great solution for us. In the past week I have been searching the Internet for wonderful FREE printables to use in our home school classroom for second grade. I realized that most of the games I found needed a storage solution that was easy for our daughter to get out and put away on her own. This same concept worked using 9x12 envelopes, everything stores easily and neatly inside (this time I used clear packing tape).


It was hard for us to keep up with the small pieces that went with each file folder game so we started storing them in sandwich bags. We added hole punches to the bag and the folder and secured the bag with brags.




Here are a few of the wonderful places I found this week and used in the past for FREE printables:


A Place to Share


Differentiation Station


First Grade...a la Carte


Preschool Printables

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for sharing these ideas... I have lots of games and will have to pare down space for next year as I will be sharing a 1/2 classroom with another reading teacher. :)