Thursday, April 9, 2009

Palm Tree Craft for Easter

Thursday
April 9, 2009

As Jesus made his way to the Temple in Jerusalem riding a donkey people lined the streets waving palm leaves chanting Hosanna! Even the children particitipated singing praises to our savior. The streets were lined with palm leaves and coats making the road appear like a carpet for Jesus and the donkey to ride across. My husband and I did this craft with our 4-year-old Sunday School class last week...they loved it. After church Meara saw what we did and wanted one too.
You can find the template the the leaf here.

Materials needed:
Paper towel tube
masking tape
brown crayons
Green contrustion paper (cut out leaves using link to pattern above and tape to wire)
Stiff floral wire sticks or a coat hanger cut up into sticks


After coloring the paper towel tube pierce holes into top sides of tube and insert the wire then tape down to secure. We learned the hard way that you should bend the wire prior to insertion into tube or the tube will tear.



Make sure you check out my very first GIVEAWAY posting here ($45 value ends April 1, 2010).

4 comments:

jen@odbt said...

I've been going through some of your older posts. You are such a crafty, creative mom. What fun you must have. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

That is very cute!

SomerJane at Daisys and Diggers Blog said...

Neat Christian idea here!! I bet your sunday school class enjoyed it as much as Meara!
Way to Go my friend...I also learned something from your BLOG today! I did not know they lined the streets with coats to make it look like carpet for Jesus to walk on ...neat! Thanks for the lesson!
HUGS!! Welcome back to BLOGMANIA!!
I love to read your blogs girly-girl! SJ

Mama King said...

Congratulations! You won the giveaway at http://4crazykings.blogspot.com
Please contact me at hello4crazykings@yahoo.com with your mailing address and your letter preference for the initial cards.

Btw: love the Palm Sunday craft!