Friday, October 16, 2009

Hermit Crab Lapbook

Friday
October 16, 2009

Monday we got new pets...hermit crabs. We got one for each of us, three total. We instantly became mesmorized by them. My husband, Meara and I sat for hours watching them in curiosity. Meara was having a hard time staying focused on school work. So, I used that to my advantage by doing a unit study on hermit crabs with her and creating a lapbook. This is our humble attempt to create a hermit crab lapbook. We would like to share it with anyone who would like to make one to.


The hermit crab diagram was found here. Go to page 21 of the pdf file.


What they eat booklet.



You can find the hermit crab picture to decorate and color here. The blank Venn Diagram can be found here. I copied and pasted it into Word and reduced the size to fit on the side flap.



In the original document I created there is a s on the word Predators but when I uploaded it to Scrbd it took the s off for some reason. If you would like the original version please contact me and I will email it to you.
Predators


All the other files we created and used for this lapbook can be found here.

10 comments:

Sherry said...

what a neat little book and wonderful idea!

SomerJane at Daisys and Diggers Blog said...

Very neat! Cant wait to meet the new family members, what did ya name them all?!

ladybug15057 said...

You have a good idea there and one that a young child could be interested in as well as learn while they work on it. For updated criteria and care information please do visit Crab Street Journal care sheets, articles, and FAQ.

Adriana said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! We have two hermit crabs so we will definately do this! Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

THANK YOU!! My daughter is saving up her money to buy a hermit crab! THIS IS PERFECT!!!!

Yvette Burleigh said...

My daughter is 10 and we recently took a trip to the beach and came back with these cute little pets as well. We currently have two crabs after losing two others. We also began lapbooking last year. I love your idea to do a lapbook on hermit crabs. My daughter saw this and wants to definitely do a lapbook on her own hermit crabs. Thanks for the idea and your lapbook looks great!

Sherry Gann said...

Nice!

We are in Middle Tennessee as well; nice to "meet" you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cool! We just got hermit crabs last month and the kids would love a lapbook on them! My 9 year old has already read every library book about them! We had to take them to bible club for creation week as well.

Thank You!

Taylor said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lapbook! We bought our boys 3 hermit crabs this summer and they are eager to learn more about them.

Jade Lakan said...

I found your site searching for crab lapbooks, & I'm now following! We are actually learning consonant blend cr, and the fan book is the one component I'm really interested in. Did you make it?