Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vocabulary Words

Sunday
February 8, 2009

This summer we took advantage of the word of the day on the Scholastic website. Most of the words were way too complex for Meara. I ended up teaching several other "big" words to help her understand what the specific word of the day meant. All in all I think it was a GREAT experience. For each day's vocab word I tried to put the word in action all day long. Out of all the words over the summer two words stick out in my mind as memorable.

1)Boogie- to dance energetically.

I filmed her dancing with my cell phone so we could send the clip to her daddy telling him what the word of the day was. She had the biggest smile on her face because she was having SO much FUN! I found it comical that she came to the conclusion on her own that you had to shake your bootie when you boogie!

2) Decorate- to adorn with something ornamental

She and I discussed what we could decorate. After much debate she declared we should decorate each others hair. This was our result......




2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun mommy! I'm sure she had such a blast decorating your hair...that's so sweet!

Peterson Party said...

Cute! That's the way to make learning memorable!